In class Monday sensei showed us we already knew half (24) of the hiragana kana either by word association (words/phrases we already knew) or how much they looked like katakana so it is assumed we will remember them as well. Sheesh! Hope we don't have a quiz tonight on them because I did not look at them.
He also gave us our first homework. He referred us to a page in our workbook filled with katakana he had clipped from various sources and we have to translate the vowel, k and s sections into English. Since we have no real context to refer to (like where was the sign hanging/did the ad have pictures/etc) it has been an interesting exercise. He did have a few images scattered about as hints for some of the words. The cartoon of the guy holding up a square with the word 'condom' on it was a hint for 'safe sex'. I finally had to go out to an online dictionary source to find the answer for 'sarusa', which, according to the dictionary is 'salsa'. Never would have gotten THAT one!
So I worked on the homework Monday and Tuesday night. After I finished last night I had to do the hamrantula. Xe, I must admit, you mentioning ham-hams was part of the reason why I altered the image. I had been considering finding a photo of a guinea pig or gerbil and doing the same kind of thing since Joules had mentioned guineas and rabbits in her blog. The ham-ham was a perfect compromise, especially since ham-hams are one of the staple food items at the Liquid Rodent Canteen.
The idea of Relena being overwhelmed by rabid ham-hams is a very happy thought. As an aside, did you know Relena's name is really spelled Ririna? The katakana in the GW ep title says it is so! I can hear little ham-ham voices now, Weeweenahhhh! Killkill!
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*